In this Ambit Energy review I want to focus on a comparison between Ambit and the no investment MLM opportunity in energy. If you are looking at energy opportunities, it is best to compare Ambit and others like it to the newest no investment energy opportunity so an informed choice can be made. The income earning potential for independent representatives is the main focus.
Ambit Energy Review: Corporate Reputation and Leadership
Before I comment on differences, my Ambit Energy review has to first acknowledging Ambit as a company with a very solid reputation and strong leadership.
Ambit was launched in 2006 in Texas and is led by Jere Thompson Jr. and Chris Chambless. Both men have excellent experience as entrepreneurs and executives with the deregulated telecommunications industry. As a retail energy supplier, Ambit offers electricity and natural gas to residential and small commercial customers in TX, NY, IL, MD, NJ and PA. In 2010, Ambit was recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fasted growing private company in America.
The fee to become an Ambit consultant is $429, plus another $24.95 per month for the marketing website and back office, an essential tool for a business builder. ($728.40 for the first year).
Ambit Energy Review: Points to Consider
The big question anyone evaluating Ambit should be asking is not whether the upfront investment is “worth it,” but whether the structure of the Ambit fee-based opportunity and compensation plan will make it possible for you to successfully build the business of your dreams. Keep in mind the following:
1. Times are tough with the economy. If you are like most, you know a lot of people who could use an extra $450 right now; and few who have $450+ to spare or even risk. It’s just not easy these days to convince someone to “invest” in a business opportunity, especially when everyone knows someone who has lost money in a network marketing “opportunity.” Statistically, 8 out of 10 people fail to earn back their investment in network marketing. It is a sobering fact that you need to be willing to accept, especially if the person who “loses their investment” is someone you sponsor into your business.
2. The Ambit compensation plan rewards reps for recruiting new marketing consultants (who will pay the fee). Recruiting new consultants (who in turn get customers) is a prerequisite to qualifying and moving up in the Ambit compensation plan. This is a standard “recruit to earn” structure. Typically when a consultant stops recruiting, their income drops off substantially.
3. If you are like most people evaluating energy opportunities, you have your sights on the holy grail – building a substantial, sustainable residual income. You need to be clear-sighted with this objective. Residual income is paid out on active energy customers. If you are looking to earn a monthly residual of thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars a month, you will need to have double or triple that number of customers in your organization at a minimum, depending on the compensation plan.
It will take a lot of reps, getting a lot of customers to achieve those kinds of customer numbers. If this Ambit Energy review has gotten you thinking, I encourage you to read on.
Advantages of a No Investment Network Marketing Model in Energy
If you agree that the core factor determining your long term success with an energy opportunity is your ability to build a massive business that pays you handsomely consider the following:
- With no financial barrier to entry, any willing and motivated individual can become an independent representative on your team and help build your customer base. Keep in mind that energy usage is universal so why wouldn’t you want anyone willing to work to help you build your team, versus just the people who can afford to?
With the no investment opportunity, there is no fee to join and the websites and marketing tools are all free. All that is required is that someone must first become a customer or have a qualifying customer. At the same time, every new “customer” is given the same no fee opportunity to start earning by referring other customers. That creates massive duplication and
- The “No Investment” opportunity offers a national, renewable energy product (called American Wind), allowing network marketers in non-deregulated states to become a customer for just $19.50 per month and fully participate in the business opportunity and compensation plan.
- The “No Investment” opportunity allows reps to market to residential, small commercial and large commercial customers. It currently offers electric service in CT, NY, NJ, PA, MD, IL and OH (starting March 2012). Large commercial capabilities are offered in 14 states. Services will expand into natural gas in early 2012 and other states, including TX.
- The “No Investment” opportunity rewards reps financially to promote 100% renewable energy, by paying double residual commissions and bonuses.
- The “No Investment” opportunity pays a customer $260 in cash for simply referring 10 new customers. The customer does not need to pay a fee or become an “affiliate” to take advantage of this program and is paid on each and every customer.
- The “No Investment” opportunity supports charitable giving. The company donates $1 per month per customer to a national charity chosen by the customer and also offers a fundraising program for local non-profit organizations. That is something you can feel good about.
- The “No Investment” opportunity has a best-in-class compensation plan with fast start bonuses, advanced residual commissions (ARC), monthly residual commissions on personal customers and downline customers, and team overrides on the fast start and ARC bonuses.
I sincerely hope that the points I have raised in this Ambit Energy Review article have been helpful to you.
To Your Success!
Ambit Energy Review